Sunday, March 30, 2014

Visual Communication (Minor Essay)

As a marketing major, I need to know how to catch the attention of people. This is because marketing is about networks. It is also about communicating with others to make them get your idea. According to my research, there are many kinds of communication. One of those is visual communication. According to a website, Visual communication is communication through visual aid and is described as the conveyance of ideas and information in forms that can be read or looked upon. Visual communication in part or whole relies on vision, and is primarily presented or expressed with two dimensional images, it includes: signs, typography, drawing, graphic design, illustration, co lour and electronic resources.

Why is visual communication relevant in my career?

As marketing major, visual communication is very important. It is not only important when I graduate but also during my college life. It is important in my college life, because in most of my classes, I will be presenting or advertising either papers or projects etc. In which visual communication is very important. It will be more important in the future because when the time comes that I will work, as marketing major I will need to endorse and advertise my product. An in advertising, visual communication is more important than auditory communication. One main reason for this is that in visual communication, there is little or no language barrier at all. Everyone will understand what you want to say whether from different cultures or different nationalities. This is one main advantage of visual communication and as marketing major, visual communication is very important and will greatly benefit me in the future. 

Sources:

Barski, A. (2009) Types of Visual Communication ehow.com Retrieved September 11, 2013
David Sless (1981). Learning and visual communication
Kenneth Louis Smith (2005). Handbook of visual communication: theory, methods, and media
opinion.inquirer.net
Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment